Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fit to train again!

So the rule with training now is back to "you can do anything that doesn't hurt"....lemme think about this! Ha ha ha. The team at Clinic 88 have been awesome - I'm getting the least amount of pain through my lower back than I've had during/post training since I hurt it in 97. Huge thanks to Steve (aka the Spatula) and Nicole (aka Knickers according to Spatula).

Today my not-so-athletic frame was published in "Inside Finance" - the internal newsletter for our agency. It's brought on some new supporters which is fantastic - despite knowing 1 in 2 people will get cancer and knowing that for each of those people there are 3 or more people directly affected by that person's diagnosis, I'm only just finding people who share my pain of losing my Mum.

Yesterday Jenn who is doing the same trip as me got in contact (I'm organising some trek training for the people travelling) and when I read her profile it was as if she was talking about my Mum: "I am running this race in memory of Great Aunt Mary, who passed away from pancreatic cancer 19 years ago. It's been 19 years and still we do not have a cure for this and other horrific forms of cancer! Aunt Mary was a strong, kind, caring, loud, funny but all-round loving woman and she inspired me greatly to be the same."...

It's been 13 years since my Mum of the same character died from pancreatic cancer and I think close to 35 years since my grandfather died (he died before I was born and my Mum died before seeing any of her grandchildren). I live how I think my Mum would be most proud of me which includes doing challenges like the one I am treating myself to - I've always wanted to go to Vietnam and what a way to do it!!

Anyway I best get off to the gym. I will try and get a bunch of pics up tonight when I get home from the gym.

Fi

No comments:

Post a Comment