Friday, July 9, 2010

Persevere and allow mind to defeat matter!

Yesterday I nearly gave up. I'm so exhausted between work, uni, training and fundraising all I ever want to do is sleep. It's now 6 weeks into my challenge and as strange as it sounds I still have an inkling that my Mum is pulling strings from the other side to keep me going.

Dee had her citizenship ceremony today and it was just lovely to see her all sparkly with excitement. I have vague recollections of my parents becoming Australians when I was young and it was really nice to be able to share that with Dee again today. I came back to work trying to hang onto the positive vibe and on opening my email I had a message from a lady who works for the same agency as me but she is in another building and I have never met her. She saw my advert on the intranet looking for a team mate and wanted to reach out and encourage me on my challenge. I melted.

Shortly after I checked my fundraising page and my friend Jase made a very generous donation. He's overseas and we haven't spoken in a few weeks, but I dropped him an email thanking him and he said he'd meant to do it weeks ago but forgot and wrote himself a note yesterday to make sure he did it today. His timing was impeccable as it always is :)

Jase also set me a challenge of getting my shoulder and fitness sorted out by getting strong and fit enough to swim 1km non-stop as the first step (not an unfamiliar thing for me as a swim coach, but I've only been doing about 200-500 non stop the last few times I've been in the water so I don't over do it on the shoulder) and the second step is to join him and his training partner's challenge of getting under 18minutes for the km. They started at 20mins, so that is my second challenge once I'm up to the full km. So it's back into the pool tonight!

Thank you Jase and thank you for the mantra: "Persevere and allow mind to defeat matter!"

No comments:

Post a Comment