Thursday, July 8, 2010

What's the point?

No one really gives a damn about anything these days, so what's the point in caring? Everyone is looking for donations for this that and the next thing and most all of them have a really important cause. My challenge is just another cause in the mix but one that I give a damn about. I just wish I knew how to help people see they are saving their own futures not just mine.

Where is all this coming from? I'm still sick with a cold - 4 weeks now and why? The tumor I had changed the way my body works. My stomach freaks out at almost everything I eat, I don't absorb iron very well at all, I'm vitamin D deficient and yet I get out in the sun/daylight and take suppliments. I'm completely wrecked from this cold but without iron I'm completely wrecked anyway. And who cares? Honestly no one really does. Why should they? Everyone has their own lives to deal with and in reality who do I have? A blog no one reads and a teddy bear who is in bear hospital because I hold him so tight when I cry he's falling apart.

Dee, Steve, DJ, Paul and Mars obviously all care and have been great trying to help me raise funds and Mary is letting me live in her house at a rental rate massively below the market rate, so I can't really complain. But when you're always sick it just really sucks and it's hard to stay positive all the time. I'm one week short of having my period for 6 months. When you don't absorb iron that doesn't really help. I'm always tired and I always have to be strong. Cancer stole my mum and with it knowledge of my youth that only she had, my only source of strength, the one person I would always look up to and who would never fail me. Cancer has also reduced my health, my happiness and my will - I fight every day to find a reason to keep going.

What's the point? No one should have to feel the way I do. I wish people could see by helping to find a cure they are helping themselves. Cancer affects 1 in 3 people. 300 Australians are diagnosed every day. I wish I could just make it all go away, for me, for the 300 who were diagnosed today, for the 300 who will be diagnosed tomorrow and for everyone living with cancer. We need a cure for all cancers. Do you see the point? Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment