Friday, July 2, 2010

Strapping, Swimming and Sweeping

Blah! I've already missed a day - told you I was crap at keeping a diary! In my defence, work was pretty full on yesterday and as it was I didn't get dinner until 10pm (more on that later).

Today I conned Steve (the brute fixing my shoulder) to let me swim tonight and sweep in a dragon boat in the morning. He said yes on one proviso - he was going to strap up my shoulder. To say it's just a little bit would be an understatement....I can't bring my elbow close in to my body or raise my arm above my head. I got to the pool only to find out a swim school kid had an "accident" in the pool and they had to close it! I'm all strapped up with no where to go. We're hoping to jump into the water in the morning if the 25m is open again before going of to HaGs training where I am going to start learning how to sweep a Dragon boat. I'll see if I can get a picture or two of my shoulder - it's incredibly well strapped up!

Last night I cooked my first ever lasagne with another virgin lasagne maker - we rocked! Steve the Brute though wants some left overs next time and given he's freed my back up so much already (making it easier for me to train) it's the least I can do. For now though, it's off to bed - I'm exhasted

No comments:

Post a Comment