Monday, June 28, 2010

5 weeks down

So, 5 weeks into my training and where am I at? Well I still haven't got on a bike - so not looking forward to breaking in my butt bones again! My walking/jogging/running has been progressing well but slowly. Unfortunately I am still fighting colds/tonsilitis. Thanks to some prodding from my boss and my pal DJ, I'm off to the doc in the morning.

Meanwhile I found myself today trying to explain to our director why it is that people blog. For me, I'd like to know people are supporting me in my quest to take on cancer in my own way - I'm not a doctor/researcher, I'm not part of a support agency - so I decided I can raise money to help those who can do something. I then I started relaying the story of a movie I watched about a girl who did a similar thing in that she set herself a challenge (12 months compared to my 5) and blogged about it - she was much more diligent than I (I've tried about 20 times or more to keep a diary...I suck) though and did actually blog every day and ended up with loads and loads of followers. That then led to an article being written and then of course the movie that I am watching again as I blog tonight.

So because I am sick and sooky I am also going to indulge on your reading patience and share that I miss my Mum. There are so many times that I miss her - cherishable moments with my friends that I just can't tell her about (things like Steve and Dee rocking up on Saturday morning, getting me out of bed and taking me to the Pancake Parlour for breakfast). I miss her of course when I'm not feeling well and I just want her to hold me and sing to me. I miss her when I fancy a new boy and want her approval or when I do something awesome (which of course is all the time! Ha ha). The hardest ones are when I see/experience something I know she would've loved or that is just so her. I wish I had some scanned pictures of her - she was such a lunatic and compassionate and organised and giving of all that she could. My Mum was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment