Thursday, June 10, 2010

Storm before the calm

The saying goes "Calm before the storm" so can there also be a storm before the calm? Thankfully there is 5 months before I head off on the Asia Challenge because this last 2 weeks have been so topsy turvy it'd make anyone's head spin!

Status of everything as of today:
Home: I am moving house in less than 48 hours. I've just dumped some things off at my new place so that I have more space to pack up my room/dismantle my bed etc. - training benefits: I've been lifting heavy things, running them out to my car in the cold and running back in.
Work: My contract has been extended 3 months which gives me a bit of breathing space to find something more permanent - training benefit: I'm less stressed/more upbeat so more active.
Training: I have a session in the pool later tonight which will help me sleep better tonight.
Emotions: Running high!

The media release has stirred up how strongly I miss my Mum. Today Bruce came back and asked a couple of simple questions - when did my mum die and what was her full name. Not a hard pair of questions, but it reduced me to tears. At that point today I knew that work was offering me a 3 month extension, but I didn't know how much I was going to be paid (moving from a contractor to a non-ongoing public servant). Either way it was going to be a pay drop, but I had no gague for how much. They were kind enough to offer me the highest pay point in the bracket so while it's a significant drop, it's $12k more than I could've been dropped to, so I am breathing a huge sigh of relief (the drop makes it a bit harder for me to cover my travel expenses on my own, but with a bit of creative budgeting at home I hope I can still have some spending money at the end for a few days R&R.

Starting to move house is very satisfying. I'm looking forward to not having to coordinate bathroom times in the morning and not running out of hot water too; walking around the house in my jammies and let's face it walking around the house in general rather than just renting a bedroom! The whole clearing things out/recycling/cleaning etc of course is all satisfyingly theraputic.

So, off to the pool to coach DJ and give my shoulder a little work out too :)

Hope you've had a constructive day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment