Thursday, June 17, 2010

What a week!

Before I get onto this week, GUESS WHAT?? Max and Pam from the Green Herring Restaurant in Gold Creek here in the ACT are going to host the Degustation Night Fundraiser. I am completely thrilled! BRING IT ON!! Pam and I used to work together late last year (we're both still with the same firm, just different contracts). I'm really pleased I can get the name of their restaurant out there at the same time as raising money for Cure Cancer.

So last saturday was huge! I moved from my bedroom into Mary's house (Mary is overseas for a couple of years). Mary's cat Ming, aka skitty kitty named so because she has no want to know humans, is here to keep me company...as much as a skitty kitty can! Actually, it's now Thursday night and she meowed to me for the first time ever.

The move went well and I am in progress of unpacking - this is going to take some time partly because I have a lot of crap which is also still being cleared out but also partly because on Sunday I started coming down with a cold which has wiped me out all week. In one of the awesome changes my body has undergone over the last few years, I seem to be unable to absorb iron, so even little colds wipe me out energy wise. This one is a little one though, but my glands and tonsils are up which is somewhat uncomfortable.

Great things though have been Steve and Dee brought me over dinner on Saturday night to save me from trying to cook something and we played games late into the night. Sunday I bought a new cook set and cutlery set (first non-supermarket ones bought from proper kitchen store). Monday I got to watch the end of season one of Glee thanks to a friend bringing it over in exchange for dinner (which I couldn't taste but had left overs tonight and it really was good!).

Sunday is a big day coming up - the Canadian Embassy is hosting the Canada Fun Run for Cancer. Of course I'll be there with bells on and a few of my friends are running too. The best part of that event though is the free pancakes with proper maple syrup - really makes the physical challenge more enjoyable. Although I wanted to do the 10km, I think I'm going to have to stick to the 5km.

Come out and join us if you are in town and haven't made plans for Sunday morning - You can walk the course!

No comments:

Post a Comment