Monday, June 28, 2010

Dear Diary...

Yesterday I confessed that I've never been any good at keeping a diary - although the times that I tried make for much entertainment and embarrassment now (and that's without even letting anyone read them!). So in an effort to step it up a little here, I am going to try and blog every day for a week, then try taking it out to two and by then I hope to be in the habit of keeping you up to date and keeping myself organised.

It's now nearly 3 weeks since I moved into my new HQ/home and I still haven't unpacked because it's also nearly 3 weeks since I got this damn cold. As I mentioned yesterday I got an appointment pointment with the doctor today and while I had planned to go to work this morning then to the GP then back to work, I am soooooo glad I stayed in bed and got some extra shut eye. My throat has lost most of it's fire today, but I'm chilled and achy all over (would rather be like that because I trained in the cold!). I'm now armed with anti-biotics and super strength Vitamin C. I then toddled off to get some blood work done to see where my iron, vitamin D and thyroid function is at - ever since I had that first tumor out this has been a regular exercise just because none of the three behave themselves.

Good things that came out of the visit - I was a good girl and finally asked about my heart issues from when I was having trouble walking up Mt Ainslie. My GP, Richard (who was also one of my doctors when I was in the military and had the tumor and hurt my back), gave me the good news that it's most likely because my iron is low. He said we can't ignor the weak valve in my heart and that I'm probably due to go back to the caridolgist for a check up but he doubts that it's the problem. My resting HR was up to 76 today which really shows how much fitness I've lost - when I had a decent fitness it was around 50. SO.....when I kick this cold it's back to lots of cardio training.

Speaking of cardio training - two things: one I got the certificate from Richard so I can use the work gym; and two, I met with a client a few weeks ago and when we were introduced she asked me if I Zumba....RANDOM!! Having said that and also being possibly a little over cooked on the infomercials today, I was wondering if I should give it a go. Heck knows I have no solo dance moves anyway! What do you think? Actually, not sure if anyone is actually reading this yet, but if you are what do you think about Zumba? Fun? Fad? Gimmick? Worth a go? Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment