Friday, June 18, 2010

Another week down

Most of my week was lost to a cold as far as training goes, but I did manage to find the pedometer Marty gave me late last year and I notched up 7503 steps today (not counting several laps up and down the stairs this morning!). I know it's supposed to be a goal of 10,000 steps per day, but I will so out do that on Sunday when I run the 5km Canada Fun Run for Cancer and then back up to work a 6 hour shift at Jacqui-E, so I'm not worried about missing that target today.

Tomorrow I pick up the last couple of things from my old place but not until I've had a nice sleep in. After that it's back to hit the trails, the plan being to walk the equivalent of the City to Surf. Yes I do note that the following day I'm planning to do another 5km and that I have been sick all week, but City to Surf is now only 7 weeks away. So the plan is to jog/walk the 6km trail (still doing the 2min on 3 min off regime), then walk up the walking track to the top lookout and jog back down (4km and meant to simulate Heart Break Hill), then back onto the trail for the 4km jog/walk. I'd planned to do it over the long weekend last weekend, but the cold got the better of me by Sunday afternoon as I was finishing up for the day at J-E.

Anyone wanna come?

No comments:

Post a Comment